Project Manager Trade/Private Sector Development (m/f/d) maternity cover with the possibility of extension
As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implement projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. We understand that behind each development project there is a human story. For this reason, our people-centred approach ensures that the projects we implement deliver the best possible outcome in terms of socially-inclusive growth and poverty reduction, and have a sustainable and measurable impact on people’s lives.
To strengthen our team in Governance and Economic Development, we are looking for a
Project Manager Trade/Private Sector Development (m/f/d) to start as soon as possible, based at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main) or working remotely.
Are you looking for an international working environment and enjoy working in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies? Do you have experience in development cooperation? Then we should get to know each other.
As Project Manager you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial backstopping of ongoing projects in the field of Governance and Economic Development. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
- You identify project opportunities and contribute to strategic business development in the department.
- You manage and coordinate the acquisition process. This includes conducting early intelligence and fact-finding, forming consortia, drafting technical concepts and proposal methodologies, preparing project budgets, identifying suitable experts, and negotiating fees and project shares.
- You establish professional partnerships with international funding agencies, project beneficiaries, partner institutions and individual global trade experts.
- You coordinate and monitor project activities on site. This includes monitoring the project progress, ensuring compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervising and managing project staff and resources.
- You carry out quality control of project reports, outputs and budgets, to ensure compliance with donor procedures.
What we offer:
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible, wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg’s railway station, and there is easy and quick access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio, for day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements/models, including flexible working hours, mobile or telework.
- Relevant academic degree (Masters), preferably in the field of economics
- Fluent in business English. French, Spanish and German language skills are an asset
- At least 3 years’ experience in the trade sector
- Proven experience in acquisition, and especially in the conception, drafting and preparation of bids for calls for tender, also in the implementation of donor-funded projects
- Relevant experience in business development (as consultant or as manager) and budget/financial management of projects or organisations
- Proven experience in the consulting business as project manager for projects funded by bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as knowledge of the competition in the development-cooperation related consultancy market are considered as strong assets
- Work experience abroad in developing countries is considered as a strong asset
- Experience (min 2 years) in donor procedures and requirements, esp. EU and GIZ, is considered as a strong asset
For information on GOPA Worldwide
come visit us on our Homepage https://gopa.de/
You´d like to know more abouth GOPA Group
? Then have a look at https://www.gopa-group.org/
We are looking forward to receiving your online application, including your possible commencement date and salary expectation.